Thursday, November 29, 2012

road trippin' in France

Road trip in France ~ August 11th – 14th: Took the train from London to Dover, the port town to catch the ferry to France. A little fish n’ chips in front of a pub while waiting to meet Chris, so cliché!

SO happy to see my old roomie from Thailand after so long! Been missin’ this guy…

"Many rivers to cross, but I can't seem to find my way over. Wandering I am lost, as I travel along the white cliffs of Dover." - Jimmy Cliff




Landed in France & drove about 3 hours to Abbeville to set up camp for the night. Ate food, drank wine, swapped stories, watched stars.

Day 2 we made our way to La Route du Rock music festival in St. Malo, along the West coast. The car was properly packed!



Festival camp site. I have never seen so much uniformity in tents… everyone had the Quechua pop up. Everyone.

Jessica & Chris

Inside the festival. I wasn’t allowed to bring my camera in but Elisa was able to sneak her’s. Rebel pics.

Love some Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks!



Lovin’ this group, too!



Day 3, from St. Malo we drove to La Rochelle. Was a quick stay in the cute coastal town & then Elisa & I headed on the train to the boarder of Spain very early the next morning. Incredible to see Chris again and so great to meet Jessica! They accommodated us so much & really made the trip down France a memorable one!
"A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles." - Tim Cahill

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys